If I had a dollar for every message or email I get about hips, I’d have an even more obnoxious collection of Converse than I already do.
These days hips seem to be acting up, rebelling against us and asserting their need to stay locked, turned in and tight, tight, tight.
No worries though! I have three stretches for you that should loosen those hips up, giving you less pain and more mobility.
Try them after your next warm up and don’t rush through! Hold each side for 60 seconds for ultimate results.
- Starting on your knees, step one foot forward into a lunge
- Raise your arm above your head and rotate your hips sitting deeper into the lunge.
- With your feet shoulder width apart, plie into a squat position.
- Slowly lower your glutes a little past 90 degrees. return to starting position.
- Starting on your knees, extend one leg out to your side and place your hands on the floor in front of you.
- Drop your hips toward the floor until you feel a stretch on the inner thigh and hips.
- Raise and lower your hips in a controlled manner to engage more or less of a stretch
?Search more videos and full training plans like this one at
- Snappier kicks
- ▪️Back and Hip Flexibility
- ▪️Advanced Partner Work
- ▪️Turn Out
- ▪️Ankles and Balance
- ▪️Jump Technique
- ▪️Endurance and HIIT
- ▪️Athletic Band Workouts
?Exercises and training plans designed exclusively for dancers
?Unlimited access for just $9.99 a month.
? New content added weekly!
? Download, print or watch exercises on any device