What level are your exercises?
All levels!! You can search for beginner, intermediate, or advanced on the top of the exercise page, along with specific muscle groups. In each exercise’s descriptions, there may be a + to make the exercise harder or – to make it easier.
When is the best time in class to use your content, and how do I structure it?
Dynamic warm-up (walking lunges across the floor)
Select 2 upper body exercises, 2 core exercises, and 2 lower body exercises using our filtering tool
Alternating between upper, core, and lower, do each exercise for 40 – 60 seconds switching legs or sides halfway through if needed. If you have more time, follow the instructions for sets and reps included with each exercise.
This is about 6 -8 minutes of your class, but you’ll be spending it on specific and effective exercises for your skills.
From here, go on with the rest of your class.
Can I send custom training plans to my dancers?
Absolutely! When you’re logged in, click on “My Collections” and then “Create a new plan.”
From there, you can browse the exercise database and select “Add to plan” under the video.
What if I want to cancel?
You may cancel your membership at any time from your account page. The only reason you’d need to speak to anyone (me!) is if you have questions and you can email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
What if I have multiple levels in my class?
All exercises include modifications. Look for the + to make it harder, or – to make it easier! All exercises and plans are also listed as beginner, intermediate or advanced. If they say, “all levels,” it has a good mix!
What equipment is needed for the exercises?
None! All of our exercises can be done without equipment, but some are shown with equipment for teams that have it or want to increase the difficulty. Bodyweight is super effective and helps dancers become more connected with their bodies. You can sub a Bosu ball for a towel or a folded-up mat to add some instability. You can purchase bands here and cut them in strips, then tie them off! Other recommendations I have for the equipment you can find in Essential Tools for Training Dancers.
How do I access the workout videos?
You can watch videos on any device! You can also connect it to a T.V. so your whole team can see the exercise. As a Dancer-Fitness member, you can also download and print the training plans and bring the physical paper to your classes or give them to your students.
How long is the $1 trial?
The $1 trial is a 7-day membership. After 7 days, you will be charged the standard monthly membership unless you cancel before.
How often do you add new content?
Every week! You can always expect new exercises and new training plans!
How can I pay if I’m a high school coach?
Email me email@example.com, and I can create an invoice for you to send to your school. They can send me a check or reimburse you.
Can’t I just use Google or Pinterest?
Dancers are a very specific type of athlete, and they should be trained as such.
I’ve been a dancer, and I’ve been a coach. I’ve learned that dancers need a specific type of training that will complement their goals on the floor like:
- Mobility / flexibility
- Body awareness and coordination/control
- Core strength
- Working both sides of the body to create balance
With dancer-fitness.com, you’ll save time planning your classes and feel confident that the exercises you’ve chosen for your dancers will be effective and safe.
FVC: Frequently Voiced Concerns
- “I only have my dancers for an hour – there’s no way I have time for strength training.”
- “I don’t know the first thing about fitness – how can I lead my dancers in conditioning?”
- “I don’t know how to structure a workout.”
- “We don’t have a gym or any equipment.”
- “There are too many levels of dancers on my team; I can’t condition them all the same way.”
- “I don’t have the time or expertise to be consistent, so why start?”
The great news? Dancer-Fitness.com was designed with YOU and these concerns in mind.
- Begin with 8 – 12 minutes of strength training 3 -5 times a week
- Save time in class with less cleaning and warming up skills
- All exercises come with videos, written instructions, and modifications
- Take one training plan and modify each exercise to make it easier or harder for your dancers.
- Each exercise and training plan clearly stated HOW to do the exercises with sets and reps, WHAT the benefit is, and SAFE implementation.
- All memberships include our member-only Facebook page where I pop in daily and host monthly coaching calls to answer all of your questions.
- All of our exercises do NOT require any equipment? Bodyweight exercises are very beneficial and, when done with intention – are a fast way to increase strength safely.
- With dancer-fitness.com, you’ll save time planning your classes and feel confident that the exercises you’ve chosen for your dancers will be effective and safe.