These were two areas on judges score sheets members mentioned they wanted to improve on. Increased sharpness and execution come from a strong core and strong upper back / shoulders. When your dancer’s trunk (shoulders to hips) is held tightly, their arms and legs can move quickly, finish their lines and move sharply.
This is a training plan I would recommend you do at least 2 times a week and add 2 repetitions to each exercise each time you complete the plan.
- Shoulder fly (20 total)
- Banded back row (20 total)
- Plank leg lifts (12 total)
- Elevated leg pulse (6 each leg)
- Tricep plank jack (12 total)
- Banded lat pull down (20 total)